Monday, September 12, 2005

More on Dreams

I've noticed that some of my dreams are psychic, and I've posted about this before. They're not earth-shattering but they're freaky. I've also said that I need to try to study my dreams more than I do. One of these days, I'll stop procrastinating and actually do it, beyond posting them here. Anyway, here's the non-earth-shattering psychic dream I had last night:

I was with a group of people, one of which was the person who adapted our theater's version of WoW. He's also the morning guy on the local radio station. In my dream, he was explaining how he got the terrible cold he had.

So, when I woke up this morning, I turned on the radio as usual. I heard someone talking and I said to myself, "That's not him." But it was. He has a cold! I hadn't seen him since Wednesday night, and I only hear him on the radio Monday through Friday. In fact, as I was typing this, he just said to his co-host, "My voice has just been getting worse all morning, hasn't it?"

OK. Now onto the disconnected other parts of my dream life.

For some reason I had to scramble six eggs. But I couldn't scramble them all in one pan. I had to use three pans with two eggs in each of them. I also had to make au gratin potatoes. I kept checking on them in the oven but they didn't seem to be cooking. Every time I checked, they were still runny. I took them out of the oven anyway and was going to throw them away and start over. But then someone came into the kitchen, stirred the potatoes and I saw they they were really cheesy (in a good way) and the perfect consistency. The person even said they were the best au gratin potatoes she'd even seen.

Part of the dream took place in a grocery store but I don't remember a lot of that part. I do remember I only bought one thing and the cashier didn't give me a bag for it. I aslo remember waiting for someone and watching other people check out. Just as I was about to leave the store, a family was leaving as well. They had an entire pallet of some kind of beverage and were having a hard time maneuvering it, thus holding up all the people behind them who were trying to get out of the store.

I was at my former place of employment and walking up the stairs to where one of the printers is. There were lots of boxes on the stairs. As I was almost at the top, another former employee, who used to work upstairs, was there. He said all the boxes had to go downstairs. I said I wasn't going to move them. He said he wasn't either. Another former employee, who was behind me, said he wasn't going to move them either. Former employee number two laughed and started kicking the boxes down the stairs. I asked what was in them. He said "Do we really care?" Then we all laughed.

I know there was one other part but, I can't remember it. Oh well, maybe it wasn't that important anyway. As if any of this is important in the first place.

No comments: