Friday, September 16, 2005

Feelin' Good

This is the first day in a long time that I've felt really good, physically, emotionally and mentally. And it's not as if bad stuff hasn't been happening. I won't bore you with all the details but, the worst of it was that the drain in our bathtub broke. It had been clogged and we tried to unclog it with Liquid Plumr (or however it's spelled). It disintegrated the drain, not because we used too much but because the drain pipe was old.

Anyway, despite the fact that I woke up this morning to a plumber working in the bathroom, across the hall from my bedroom, I felt good. One reason is that I had a good job to go to. As I mentioned in a previous post, it's a job I can be proud of and, once I actually do something useful (which I'll be doing Monday), I know I'll have a feeling of accomplishment. I've always enjoyed volunteering for Meals on Wheels but I felt different today. I still had the same feeling I always do, that I'm helping people. But now that I actually work for the Red Cross it felt, well, better. I wish I could explain it. I guess "good" is an underrated adjective because that's the best way to describe how I felt but it doesn't quite cut it. Oh well.

Back to other reasons I'm feeling good. Play practice went really well last night. I'm getting the hang of doing live sound effects and it's fun. Have I mentioned that all three performances plus dress rehearsals are going to be recorded then broadcast on the radio on Halloween? I can hardly wait to hear it the way the audience is going to hear it. Also, we learned last night that one dollar from each ticket sale is going to the Red Cross for hurricane relief. Pretty cool, I think. One of my new bosses is in the play, too (and he's hilarious in it!). I think it's extra cool that, since part of the proceeds are going to the Red Cross, two Red Cross employees are in the play.

The other reason I feel so good is that my name was in the paper today. (I still get giggly when that happens. Even when I had bylines, after 10 years, I got giggly.) It was in a "club news" item for AAUW. Another woman and I were recognized for being new members. Nothing earth-shattering but it made me smile.

Probably the most important reason I feel good is that I have absolutely no obligations until Monday. As much as I like my job and the play, I need a couple of days off from everything. So, as long as my Mom stays healthy (or as healthy as she can be in her condition), I should have a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend. Well, after BB6. I won't be able to relax until Janie wins HoH. Thank God the show is over on Tuesday. This addiction is getting worse.

Have a good weekend! <3

3 comments:

Angie said...

HI! Visiting you from blog explosion. I see you are a BB6 fan...and are rooting for Janie!! Me too! I am sooooo nervous for this HOH comp tonight. I'll come back and visit when it's over. :)

Anne said...

I'm still in denial about last night's show. How 'bout you?

Margaret said...

I missed the show, sounds like the news wass not good. I'll have to catch up on the site. Glad you are enjoying the play, and great that you get to hear it as the viewers do!