Sunday, August 08, 2004

Happy Thought for the Day ...

John Elway, Barry Sanders and Carl Eller are in the Hall of Fame.

As a Bills fan, John Elway obviously wasn't one of my favorite football players. But I always respected his talent. His daughter's introduction and his speech made me cry. Then again, I'm a sentimental sap sometimes.

What can you say about Barry Sanders? With all due respect to Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders was the best running back ever. And he's such a humble man. I wish some of today's athletes would learn from him.

For a few years I was a Vikings fan, so seeing Carl Eller get inducted into the Hall of Fame after all these years was good. It's about time.

Anyway, it wasn't the same as when Jim Kelly and Marv Levy were inducted, but it was cool. (as long as I don't think about the fact that guys my age are old enough to be in the hall of fame).



No comments: