Monday, August 16, 2004

Music Mambo - Week 21

Let's get started with this. Tell us your feelings about top 40 music, using the letters T-O-P F-O-R-T-Y.
Tell us why you love it. Tell us why you hate it. Tell us anything you think we might want to know about it. Go ahead, you can do it!

Train is one of my favorite bands and
Ordinary is a great song. I think it shows how much they've grown over the years.
Pop music has always been my favorite. I suppose it's because when I was a kid we only got AM radio, so that's what I was used to.
FM radio is so much better though. Fewer commercials. More music. That's the way it should be.
Of course I understand that it's the commercials that pay for the music to be there, but that doesn't mean I have to like them.
Rock 'n' Roll, well, rocks!
Talking over the songs, the way some DJs do, really bothers me.
Ya know, there are a lot of bands with numbers in their names these days. Maroon 5. Blink 182. 311. Finger Eleven. 5 For Fighting. 3 Doors Down.

Well, that didn't say a whole lot about how I actually feel about Top 40 music, but it's the best I could do. ;)

Now it's time to really get down and mambo.

1. What song from the recent top 40 charts is your favorite? (Recent being that last 6 or so months)
Hmm? There are quite a few and, as usual when it comes to music, I can't pick just one. Right now I like Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows, This Love and Harder to Breathe by Maroon 5, Why Don't You & I by Santana, Extraordinary by Liz Phair and Chasing You Around by Sugar Ray. (I think that's the name of it. It's been so long since I've heard I forgot the name.)

2. Do you think that most songs in the top 40 are overplayed or not? Tell us why you feel that way.
The ones I don't like are played too much. The ones I do like aren't played enough. I guess I feel that way because when I like a song I listen to it 'til I'm sick of it. Then I don't listen to it for a while. Then I listen again, but like a normal person. ;)

3. What band do you think most deserves a top 40 hit, but hasn't had one yet, or hasn't had one in a very long time?
Dashboard Confessional. I mean, c'mon, Hands Down is an awesome song! Actually, I'm not sure if it made the Top 40, but if it didn't it should have.

4. In the recent past, Top 40 was mostly rock/pop music. How do you feel about the inclusion of other genres into this grouping?
I'm pretty much ok with all of it, except country. I don't have anything against country music but if I want to listen to it, I'll go to a country station.

5. Radio airplay helps to determine how well a single or album sells. Do you think that listeners should have more input into what radio stations play?
I think so but I guess I'm lucky in that respect. The radio station I listen to the most takes requests.

No comments: