Sunday, August 15, 2004

Of deep-fried Twinkies, slot machines and more ...

I haven't been to a county fair since 2001, so I never heard of this: Deep-Fried Twinkies. When we saw the first sign for them, I said "Yeah, like a Twinkie isn't bad enough for ya. Let's deep fry them!" But, as we kept seeing more signs for them, we got curious and had to give it a shot. Oh my God! They're wonderful! Better than funnel cake, in my opinion. And cheaper, and not as filling.

Then there's this:



Get your mind out of the gutter! It's Chester's five steps for eating crawfish.

I tasted a couple of them but I went for fried green tomatoes instead. I haven't had them in ages and did they ever taste good.

Let's see. I also had a pina colada smoothie because I wanted the cool glass. I think that's all I ate/drank ... but we were only there for about 5 hours. Oh wait. I had a taco, too. It was good, but not worth $2.50.

As for the rides:

This is nuts! It was so high I couldn't really get a photo with good perspective. But see the Ferris Wheel in the corner? It's really high & it's the next ride over from this one.








As nuts as it looks, I really wanted to do it. But I don't think the people standing near it would have appreciated my puking all over them.

I also bought some cool angel stuff from her. If we go back on Friday I'm definitely getting a reading from her. While she was talking to me she knew so much about me & the person I was with. It was freaky but cool. At one point I said "You're good." She said "You didn't think you came into the devil booth, did you?" Well, I guess you had to be there. But she knew so much I was getting shivers. And my total purchases were $9.77 and she mentioned the double number. Cool, cool, cool.

I also found some cool Buddha stuff. One was relaxation Buddha, which is now right next to my computer monitor. Then I got a set of six: harmony, money, "life is up," happiness, "rich in health" and "having a good time." The guy at the booth wrote them all down for me so I wouldn't forget. He was really nice.

On a totally different note, we also did a little bit of gambling ... and lost $2. But it was fun.

No comments: