Thursday, August 05, 2004

Theater Thursday

Week 12 - Didn't I see that on TV?
Starsky & Hutch is the top selling DVD this week. With that in mind, this week the topic is TV shows that have been turned into movies.

1) What movie based on a television show is your favorite?
Please don't think I'm a freak for saying this, but I really liked The Brady Bunch Movie. The Twilight Zone movie was good too. And I liked Mission Impossible, too. The first one, not the sequel. But, because it's Tom Cruise, I'll give the third one a try.

2) Your least favorite?
I really haven't seen that many because I didn't watch most of the TV shows that were made into movies. I'll say Lost in Space, though, because I fell asleep during it. The Beverly Hillbillies trailers looked dumb, so I didn't even bother with that. Charlie's Angels had its good points, but it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. That's why I haven't seen Starsky & Hutch yet. I loved the TV show. I'm afraid I'd hate the movie. It went from theaters to DVD pretty fast. That's not a good sign.

3) What television show would you like to see turned into a movie?
That 70s Show could be good. Maybe CSI. They could get the characters from all three shows together if someone was going on a nationwide crime spree.

Bonus) Should the actors that portray these characters on TV also be used in the movie? Or would you like to see different actors?
It depends. Like with The Brady Bunch, using the original actors wouldn't have worked. But the Star Trek movies used some of the TV actors, and that worked. I do like when the original actors do cameo appearances though.

No comments: