Thursday, August 26, 2004

Theater Thursday

Week 15 - Soundtracks
I've been wearing out my portable CD player listening to all three original Star Wars movie soundtracks, in anticipation of their DVD release next month.

This week's questions are about movie soundtracks.

1) What is your favorite soundtrack from a movie?
I have a few, but the first three that come to mind are Star Wars, Independence Day and Grease.

2) Which movie's soundtrack didn't fit the tone of the movie, or was so badly composed it detracted from the movie?
I really can't think of any off hand. I guess if it's bad, I just don't think about it much after the movie.

3) Who is your favorite film music composer?
By far, John Williams.

BONUS) Do you prefer an orchestral soundtrack, or a popular-music soundtrack? Why?
It's a toss up. Although I love the orchestral soundtracks, I also like Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Dirty Dancing, Animal House. That's probably why I like the Back to the Future soundtrack so much. It's a great mix of both.

No comments: