Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Cheddar X

1. What's the cleverest word play you've read or made up?
Several years ago I had to write a news story about equipment at the sewage treatment plant that came very close to malfunctioning. My lede (newspaper-ese for "lead paragraph") was "The you-know-what almost hit the fan."

An honorable mention goes to a person I had to take to the ER one night. He has asthma & could barely breathe. At one point, he even thought his extremeties were turning blue due to lack of oxygen. When I told him they weren't, he said. "Must just be a pigment of my imagination."

2. What's the most outrageous cover story you've ever tried to make up?
I drove my parents' car into a ditch not long after I got my driver's license. I said a few deer ran in front of me & there was no way I could avoid them and ... oh, on and on and on (with tears, of course).

3. Did it work?
Yes. And unless my mother (or someone she knows) finds her way to this blog she'll never know I was adjusting the radio. No deer in sight.

4. Favorite line from a song? (Eighteen double oh and a table dance).
Did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there? (And, yes, I did.)

5. What has been your favorite Olympic moment?
Misty May & Kerri Walsh winning the gold

6. What sport shouldn't be in the Olympics?
ryhthymic (I can never freakin' spell that word) gymnastics or, for God's sake, men's synchronized swimming

7. What sport should be in the Olympics?
Are there any that aren't?

8. What's wrong with the Olympics?
Inconsistent judging

No comments: