Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Oh My God!!!!

I'm almost there! I saved a pair of size 10 Levis from my thin days. Just for the heck of it, I tried them on and ... and ... AND ... I could get them on! I couldn't zip them all the way up, but they're over the thighs and hips, baby! So I tried on some other pants and shorts that I haven't tried on in a while because I thought I wasn't doing very well on the diet/exercise program. They all fit! I am so excited! Almost makes me want to go out and walk again or do a tae-bo workout or something.

Ya know, I didn't think I had a body image problem anymore, but apparently I do. My next door neighbor calls me "Skinny Minnie" and told me there's no way I need to lose another 30 pounds because "You don't want to get too thin." I look at myself in the mirror and I think there's something wrong with it because I can't possibly look that good. My jeans are obviously at least one size too big ... even coming right out of the dryer ... but I've been telling myself they're just stretched out. I guess I need to look at myself for real now and see what I really look like. Could be pretty good ;)

The funny thing about the jeans fitting right out of the dryer and me thinking they're just stretched out is ... When I started gaining weight I'd say "They just came out of the dryer. They must have shrunk." Haven't we all done that, though? Given a choice, I'd rather think they stretched than shrunk. Actually, I'd rather just have a realistic image of myself. Someday I will. I'm sure of it. :)

No comments: