Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Feelin' pretty good today

Yesterday I bought a new pair of jeans ... a size smaller. Of course that made me feel good, and the feeling overlapped into today. Then, as I was walking downtown for lunch the husband of my former best girlfriend* a friend stopped me and we talked for a few mintues. After I told him I still want to lose an 30 or so pounds he said "Even if you don't lose another ounce, you look great." Why do compliments sound so much better coming from guys? Not that I'm dismissing compliments from women. No way! I'll take 'em from whoever's giving 'em. <3

*This woman and I were really, really close a few years ago, but I blew it during my mid-life crisis/nervous breakdown when I ran away to California. When I first got back to PA there was no contact between us at all. Now we e-mail each other every now and then and have spoken in person once. There's hope. I hope.

No comments: