Sunday, September 19, 2004

I know I just said good-night but ...

I hate this!
Note to any male readers (or female readers who don't like to read about bodily functions): This post is about perimenopause so you might want to skip it unless you'd like some insight into how your wives/girlfriends could possibly be feeling.

The hot flashes are tolerable now. Actually, I rarely have them anymore. I know they'll be coming on strong again soon, though. The way my luck is there's no way they could be over already. Weight gain? No problem there anymore. Headaches? Tolerable. Trouble sleeping? I just take naps. Mood swings? Not so bad anymore, either (to the relief of my friends & family, I'm sure). So what's the problem? The irregularity of my freakin' periods! They used to come & go like clockwork. Every 29 days. Lasted for 5 days. Now I can't count on anything. For example: I started Sunday. Ended Tuesday. Started again Thursday. Nothing Friday or Saturday. Now, at 1-f'ing-35 a.m. on Sunday, I started again, cramps and all. It sucks I'm tellin' ya. It really sucks! It's so frustrating. I wish Mother Nature would just decide she's done with me and end this! It's not as if I'm planning on having kids or anything. So, what's the point? Being at this stage of life is kind of strange because I need something to help me with the perimenopause (which is why everything is so tolerable now. Remifemin. I highly recommend it.) and I still need birth control. Weird, huh?

Okay. Should I try sleeping again, or should I go california bogglin? *flipping a coin* (not literally) Boggle wins.

No comments: