Sunday, September 19, 2004

Bad idea

Question: Why did I take the "headache relief" tablets -- containing caffeine -- right before I went to bed?
Answer: Sometimes I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
However, at least I was smart enough to buy the Wal-Mart brand for 94 cents vs. the name brand for $4.97.

I don't understand ...

... why people would cheat while playing Boggle. What's the point? All you're doing is proving you can cheat. I do kind of laugh, though, when a couple of known cheaters are playing and one cheats better than the other.

Another thing I don't understand is how I could have developed a crush on a guy just by watching him play Boggle. How 13 is that?

By the way, "Thirteen?" Awesome movie! Disturbing but awesome. I wonder if I'd feel differently about it if I had a teen-age daughter.

Several years ago my Eric Clapton greatest hits CD vanished. Disappeared. Don't have any clue what happened to it. So today I finally gave up on ever finding it again and bought a new one. (It'll probably turn up tomorrow.) On the way home I rolled down the windows and blasted "Layla" and it felt good. However, as I was coming out of the parking lot some kid asked if I wanted my car washed. Hey kid: If a nearing-middle-age woman is playing "Layla" on her car stereo so loud that the people inside the store can probably hear it, do not -- do not -- disturb her. She's probably having a religious experience of some kind.

Okay. I just watched "Unfaithful" again today. Personally, I think Diane Lane should have won the Oscar for that one scene, if nothing else. You know the one I mean. When she's coming home after sex with the guy? Could she have been any better?

I watched part of the Miss America pageant scholarship competition. Is it just me or does anyone else find it rather sad that Clay Aiken was the biggest star on the show? Nothing against Clay Aiken but, c'mon.

How many times have I seen the Stars Wars trilogy? I don't know. Why am I so excited about the special edition DVD coming out on Tuesday? I don't know, but I am. Could it possibly be that I'm a geek. Possibly? Who am I trying to kid? Anyway, when the first Star Wars came out I already had a long-time crush on Mark Hamill. Then I was introduced to Harrison Ford. I watched "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" tonight. Love that movie! It's my favorite Indiana Jones movie so far. I wonder if there ever will be a 4th one. According to IMDB "Due to scheduling and script conflicts, the project is currently in limbo." Oh well. Ford just might be too old to do Indy justice anyway. We'll see, I guess. Maybe.

I think I've rambled enough to let the effects of the caffeine wear off. Nighty night.

No comments: