Wednesday, September 22, 2004

You were in a little girl in the 70s if ...

I found this at Therapy Failed. I'm not going to post the whole thing. I'll just post the ones that made me smile or laugh ... or cringe the most.


1. You wore a rainbow shirt that was half-sleeves, and the rainbow went up one sleeve, across your chest, and down the other :: and in 1976 I had one with a flag
2. You made baby chocolate cakes in your Easy Bake Oven and washed them down with snow cones from your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine :: Easy Bake Oven was a Christmas present from my Uncle Jim
4. You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a basket :: it was pink, thank you very much
8. You had rubber boots for rainy/snowy days - remember Moon boots (you then advanced to Duck Shoes in the 80's) :: I still have the duck shoes
9. You had either a "bowl cut" or "pixie," not to mention the Dorothy Hamill because your Mom was sick of braiding your hair. How traumatic when people thought you were a boy :: It was Dorothy Hamill for me and, of course, I had to use Short 'n' Sassy shampoo, too ... just like Dorothy.
11. You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers :: poncho, yes
12. You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon :: I didn't get it, but my cousins did
16. You even had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle :: Hated 'em, but had to have 'em
24. YOU had Star Wars action figures, too :: You betcha!
25. It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your Mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags! :: It's still a big event
26. You even asked your Magic-8 ball the question: "Who will I marry: Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?" :: I want Shaun the most
27. You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack albums :: Didn't have Fame but "yes" to the other two
30. You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker. YES! (And some tv shows, too)
32. You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books ("Are you there God, It's me, Margaret") :: Can't forget about "Forever."
33. You thought Olivia Newton John's song "Physical" was about aerobics.
37. You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat :: Tiger Beat and 16.

After that little bit of nostalgia, I must get some sleep. 'Night.

No comments: