Monday, September 20, 2004

Music Mambo Week 26

Once again the time has come to Mambo! Autumn is just around the corner, so it's time to think of some autumn roadtripping music and new releases. There's so much music coming out in the next few months that everyone should have something new to mambo to.

So without further ado or adieux or a-do or whatever, let's just get to the Mambo. Whatdayathink?

1. What music makes you think of autumn? (Songs, genres etc...)::
Really there's only one song I can think of off hand -- Maggie May (It's late September and I really should be back at school) -- There could be more, but I just can't think of them right now.

2. What new releases are you looking forward to this fall/winter? ::
Sorry to say I really don't know what's coming out.

3. If you're making a road trip over a weekend, what music do you take with you if any?::
Train, Maroon 5, Springsteen, Elton John, Sheryl Crow ... Actually, last time I went on a road trip I just grabbed a whole pile of CDs just in case my mood changed.


4. Does your musical mood shift in autumn? (Meaning do you listen to different types of music from season to season?)::
The only season when I listen to different music is Christmas ... and I start pretty much right after Thanksgiving dinner & go to the day after New Year's. "Now That's What I Call Christmas" is the best Christmas CD ever!

5. If you could see one band in the fall concert season, who would it be and why? (The band has to be currently touring)::
TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because I love Train & they're going to be not too far from here.

Bonus:
Make a perfect driving mix. Pick 15 songs that you love to hear while driving ::
In no particular order --

1.Layla - Derek & the Dominoes
2.Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional
3.Paradise by the Dashboard Light - Meatloaf
4.Bat Out of Hell - Meatloaf
5.Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting - Elton John
6.Crocodile Rock - Elton John
7.I Love Rock 'n' Roll - Joan Jett
8.Drops of Jupiter - Train
9.Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
10. Accidentally in Love - Counting Crows
11.Born to Run - Springsteen
12.Hey Baby - No Doubt
13.Back in Black - AC/DC
14.You Can't Always Get What You Want - Rolling Stones
15.All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow

No comments: