Tuesday, September 21, 2004

TV Tuesday

Seems kinda funny to be doing a meme after just posting about Sandee, but she'd be the first person to say "life goes on." So, here it is:

Week 24 - Spin off's
A great show never dies, it simply spins off into new shows! LOL This week we'll take a look at the ever famous spin off syndrome!!

1. What's your favorite all time spin off? Which show did it spin off?
Law & Order SVU (from Law & Order). I have high hopes for CSI: New York, though. As for comedies, I'd have to say Frasier, although I didn't really get into the last couple of seasons. Then again, I can't forget Green Acres, spun from Petticoat Junction.

2. What do you consider the worst spin off ever? Why?
Joanie Loves Chachi because it was just so bad. I think the Joanie & Chachi storyline ran its course on Happy Days and they should have just left well enough alone.

3. Is there a show that's ended that you wish they'd done a spin off for? Which one?
Hmm? I can't really think of anything, but does this count? I could go for an ER spinoff starring George Clooney.


~Bonus~ If you could "end" your current life and make a spin off of it what would you call it? What would be the theme (characters new and eliminated, changes you'd make)?
It would be called "Let's Try Again" or "Second Chances" or something like that. I'd still be a writer but I'd actually be making enough money writing books that I wouldn't have to work at a newspaper, hence all the "characters" from there would be eliminated ... except my editor, who would be the brutally honest, sarcastic wise-ass character that everybody loves. I'd move back to California, near Santa Barbara. Steve & GSG would be there, too, and they'd be kinda fighting over me but I wouldn't be able to choose between them.

No comments: