Saturday, April 09, 2005

Charles and Camilla -- My Take

I'm a big Princess Diana fan, not just because she was a beautiful princess but because of all the good things she did as well. With that said, I've forgiven the prince for everything he put Diana through. It's easier to forgive than to hold grudges.

So, here are my thoughts on the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall. They've been friends for 34 years and, obviously, in love for many of those years. They've both been through a lot, including marriage to other people. There's a line in "When Harry Met Sally ..." that reminds me of this. "... you'll have to go through the rest of your life knowing someone else is married to your husband." Can you imagine how painful that would be? I can. The Best Friend and I have known each other for 31 years. One of these days I'll write about our marriages to other people, and how that felt. The trick, though, is burying the pain and remaining friends. It's hard but it can be done. Camilla did it and she's being rewarded for it today. I'm not saying any of this the way I want to say it. I guess what it boils down to is that I'm happy for both of them.

No comments: