Saturday, April 02, 2005

Doesn't make it easier

Knowing that I have a textbook case of this, and that it's not cancer does not make the symptoms any easier to deal with. It definitely makes the wait until the ultrasound, and forthcoming discussion of treatment, easier. But I'm still in pain and uncomfortable. Under the circumstances, those being the Pope's "worsening health," I feel like a wuss complaining about my backaches, leg pains and almost constant trips to the bathroom. That, I suppose, is just one of the myriad reasons the Pope will eventually be cannonized. I will not. I know that to be sainted a person has to have performed at least three miracles. In my case, I don't think getting through the day without strangling cashiers who don't know how to make change would constitute a miracle. I'm pretty sure that resisting the temptation to slam my car into vehicles whose drivers don't use turn signals wouldn't count either. I'm almost positive that saying "No, thank you" to the non-low-carb ice cream isn't going to cut it either. In my mind, those are miraculous feats but, I'm fairly certain there are other people who perform the same feats everyday.

No comments: