Thursday, April 14, 2005

Tales of the Traffic-law-challenged Part III

Picture, if you will, three vehicles stopped in the left-turn lane waiting for the light to change. Vehicle one is using a turn signal. Vehicle three, which I was driving, is using a turn signal. I have come up with two possible thoughts that were going through the mind of the driver of vehicle two. A) It's the left-turn lane so, obviously, I'm turning left. Why do I need a turn signal? B) What the heck are those blinking lights on the car in front of me and behind me?

I'm going for B. If someone is too lazy or ignorant to use a turn signal it's doubtful that person would have the ability to process the thought in option A.

One more question, specifically to senior citizen drivers: Why do you find it necessary to come to complete stop on a busy road before turning into a parking lot? With all due respect, this is how accidents happen!

No comments: