Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I'm nervous

The ultrasound is still 2 days away but, I'm already nervous about the impending surgery. Sometimes the Internet isn't such a good thing. Because of the research I did, I know what I have and what the treatment options are. I'm just waiting for the doctor to confirm it. I'm hoping for the best (an in-office procedure) but preparing for the worst (a hysterectormy). I think what's actually going to happen is somewhere in between, though.

I'm kind of scared because I've never had any kind of surgery before (except dental, with really good drugs) and I've known people (including my Mom) who have had bad experiences. I'm a fairly lucky person and bad stuff like that doesn't happen to me but, you never know. I'm also a paranoid hypochondriac, and that's not good when there's something really wrong.

Well, at least tomorrow I have a couple of fun things to do that should keep my mind off the ultrasound for a while. I hope so anyway.

Update: Since I posted this at 9:44 a.m. (PA time. I just don't want to switch from CA time. Nostalgia or something, I guess.) I'm feeling much better, but for a strange reason. My condition has caused my abdomen to protrude, so much so that I've gained 7 pounds in 5 days. I can barely zip up my jeans. I've been trying to convince myself, and other people, that I'm not getting fat. It's just the stupid tumors. And because of the stupid tumors causing my abdomen to protrude, there aren't a lot of clothes I can wear but I need something nice to wear tomorrow so I went to the store. I'm still the same size I was before the stupid tumors starting doing their thing. So, I guess that proves I'm not getting fat again. Yay!!!

No comments: