Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Wal-Mart

I'm not really a Wal-Mart fan, although I go there quite often simply for the convenience. It's much easier to get my groceries, DVDs and underwear all in the same store, especially when I need to get something after midnight and don't want to pay mini-mart prices.

With that said, I also don't like other stores using Wal-Mart as an excuse for going out of business. Contrary to popular belief, Wal-Mart does not sell everything. So, if you have a store, sell stuff Wal-Mart doesn't sell ... like good quality, name brand shoes and clothes for example. And, don't be overpricing your stuff. I mean, if you're selling flavored sparkling water for 82 cents and Wal-Mart is selling it for 50 cents, where do you think I'm going to buy my flavored sparkling water? If you're selling Oscar Mayer pre-cooked bacon for $2.99 and Wal-Mart is selling it for $2.50, guess where I'm going to go? I could overlook a 10-cent difference. I may even be able to overlook a 15-cent difference. But 30 or 40 cents, especially with gas prices as high as they are. No.

No comments: