Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Thursday Threesome

::State Fair and Rodeo::

Onesome- State: What state (or territory) do you live in? Have you lived in any other(s)? Where would you like to live? And as a bonus: Any idea what year your state became a state? *grin*
Pennsylvania. I lived in California for a while. I'd love to live in California again. It feels like home to me. Pennsylvania became a state in 1787, I think.

Twosome- Fair: Or amusement parks: Did you enjoy them as a kid? What was your favorite ride? How do you feel about them now? Ready to go wander around one again, sampling funnel cakes and corn dogs and riding rides until you're sick or would you rather just enjoy the entertainment or stay home and avoid the crowds?
I love fairs now as much as I did when I was a kid. I like them more than amusement parks because I get motion sickness really bad & can't ride the rides (Awww, poor me, huh?) I'm looking forward to the Erie County Fair in Hamburg, N.Y. My cousins (on my dad's side of the family) & I used to meet there every year. Haven't done it lately, but we do see each other sometimes. And I love funnel cake! When I see them I just say "Screw the carbs!" It's worth it. :)

Threesome- And Rodeo: Have you ever been to or watched a rodeo on TV? Did you enjoy it or consider it a barbaric spectacle? If you liked it, what was your favorite event? Ever tempted to race barrels or ride a bull yourself?
I've never been to a rodeo but there's one near here, in Gerry, N.Y., that I'd like to go to some year. I've never, ever been tempted to race barrels or ride a bull ... even the mechanical kind ... Well, unless I could look as good doing it as Debra Winger did in Urban Cowboy ;)



No comments: