Saturday, July 24, 2004

Movies

By now I'm sure everyone has heard of IMDB. Well, yesterday via Blu I discovered Your Movie Data Base, where you make a list of your top 20 movies. It was really difficult for me to pick only 20. I even changed the list a few times while I was making it because I kept thinking of more movies I liked. C'mon people. Only 20?!?!

Here is my list. The movies aren't listed in any particular order. But first on the list is:

When Harry Met Sally ... I still quote lines from that movie. I just love it. My favorite scene is right after Sally finds out Joe's getting married.

Sally: And I'm going to be 40.
Harry: When?
Sally: Someday.
Harry: In eight years.
Sally: But it's out there like a big dead end. And it's not the same for men. Charlie Chaplin had babies when he was 78.
Harry: Yeah, but he was too old to pick 'em up.

Here's a movie I didn't put on the list. I think it's a given for just about everyone though. The reason I didn't put it on the list is that I like the book so much better.

Gone With the Wind. I'm not sure which scene is my favorite, although it's a toss up between a couple of the kissing scenes. Then again, there is the "I'll never be hungry again" scene. And the one where Scarlett tells Ashley she loves him, then ends up throwing the vase and discovering Rhett is in the room.


No comments: