Saturday, July 10, 2004

BlogMaze

I haven't been to Gina's in a while, so I was actually happy to see her site on the BlogMaze. This post about a death of a pet really touched me. My dog, who I called my daughter, died 4 years ago and I still miss her. She was my baby. I totally understand feeling that you could have done more, wanted to do more, needed to do more. The heartache when the doctor told us "I'm sorry but I can't do anything for this dog" was unbearable. I wanted to say "I don't care. You can't kill my dog!" But, of course, I knew she couldn't live like that anymore. I cried and cried and cried ... bawled, wailed, sobbed. I screamed out loud "I MISS MY BEEBE!" And that was months after she died. The only thing that made me feel better about any of it was something the man who buried her said: "Dogs are put on the earth to teach us the meaning of unconditional love." I'm getting a little weepy while I'm writing this. For those of you who understand, do you want to get pissed off now? Gina got this comment about her grieving. "Animals die. Get over it. Geez. You'd think you'd lost a child or something. And no, a pet is NOT like a child...no matter how much you want it to be. ... Wallowing in misery about a pet is pathetic. And if your pet really WAS your best friend, then I feel sorry for you, because that is pathetic, too." GRRRR!!!! Gina's comment was good, though. She said "I know nothing about you, except that you are a cruel stranger who should wonder if you, yourself, are the one that is pathetic."


I haven't been to Tracy's in a while either. Lots of changes! Changes in design as well as her life. The entry I linked to is titled "Six Degrees of Lesbianism." Very cool. Very. I have to remind myself to check in with her more often.

Ordinary Morning is going on my "reads" list. Anyone who can make me LOL needs to be on it. I also hurry it up a lot faster on the commode because, hey, there are pipes involved with that too, and the last thing I need is a bolt of lightning shooting up my ass ... or maybe that's exactly what I need.

No comments: