Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Wednesday Matinee

1. Do you base your movie choices on critics' reviews?
No. I read them, but I like to decide for myself because I actually haven't found a critic I agree with all the time. I think the best example of me liking a movie that critics hated is "Independence Day." Call me crazy but I love that movie, faults and all. I even own it & I've watched it dozens and dozens of times. Oh yeah. Another one is "Demolition Man." I don't know why I like it (aside from Sandra Bullock), but I do.

2. Do you like movie trailers and previews? Do they influence your movie choices?
I love trailers & previews. Sometimes they influence my choices, but when I saw the trailers for "Titanic" and "Ever After" I wasn't the least bit interested in either of them. Now I really like them and "Ever After" is one of my favorites. OK. OK. I have about 300 "favorite" movies.

3. Do you usually like movies that your friends or family suggest?
Sometimes. I usually don't take suggestions anymore, though, because if I hate a movie a friend or family member suggested I feel guilty. Weird, huh?

~Bad Review Bonus~ Do you like the previews before the movie starts or usually arrive late to avoid them?
Going to the theater isn't the same without seeing the previews.

No comments: