Thursday, July 22, 2004

Theater Thursday

This week's Theatre Thursday is dedicated to those Onscreen Moments that stay with you forever.

1) What moment from what movie still makes you laugh out loud - no matter how many times you see it?
I'm trying to pick just one moment from "Animal House," but I can't. There are just so many scenes in that movie that make me LOL.

2) What moment from what movie still makes you cry like a baby - no matter how many times you see it?
Jake's closing argument in "A Time to Kill" when he says "... now imagine she's white." Gets me every time.

3) What moment from what movie made you actually turn your head from the screen - either in fear, revulsion, or contempt for the fact that you actually paid money to see the film?
The scene in "The Fly" (Jeff Goldblum version) when he regurgitates on the food. Gross! I'm glad I didn't pay to see it.

BONUS) What is one single moment from a film that is indelibly etched in your brain? Not a scene or a sequence exactly, but three or four seconds from a movie that contain an image or phrase or concept that transcends normal movies?
There are several moments from "The Exorcist." I can't even watch the movie anymore, but I'll never forget it. It scares me & freaks me out when I even think about it for longer that a few seconds.



No comments: