Friday, July 23, 2004

FOUR FOR FRIDAY

Q1: None of us, I'm imagining, deliberately chooses to park our car in a handicapped-designated parking spot (unless, of course, we have the right to do so), right? With that thought in mind, have you ever used (or do you deliberately use) the handicapped-designated stall in a private venue/office buidling or public bathroom? Do you think its wrong or inappropriate for non-handicapped people to use handicapped-designated bathroom stalls?
When I weighed 122 pounds more than I do now I used handicapped stalls because they're easier to move around in. I realize there are space considerations, but I think the other stalls should have more room in them. A person could develop claustrophobia in those things! I don't think it's wrong for non-handicapped people to use handicapped stalls if there's not a handicapped person waiting.

Q2: Do you belong to any professionals membership-based organizations (like a trade association or a professional society)? How about community-based organizations like the PTA or a homeowners association? What about informal social groups like a book or movie club? If not, is there a group you'd like to be a part of, or a group you'd like to start yourself, but just haven't joined or been motivated to do so as of yet?
I belong to PennWriters, a group for Pennsylvania writers. I'm also a member of a local theater group. I'm not exactly a member, but I do volunteer for the Red Cross.

Q3: Have you ever posed nude for an art class? If so, what was that like. If not, what would it take to get you do it? On the flipside of this question... have you ever been in an art class where you had to sketch a scene which was based on a nude model being present in the room? If so, what was that like? Did it make you uncomfortable?
I've never posed nude but I might consider it when I lose another 30 pounds or so. I haven't been in an art class since high school.

Q4: Lance Armstrong is expected to win a record sixth straight Tour De France bicycle race this weekend. Where, in your mind at least, does Armstrong's achievements rank him? Is he the greatest athlete ever or just the greatest bicycle racer ever, or do you feel he's neither or something else?
I guess he's the greatest bicycle racer ever. I'm not sure who I'd put in the top ten greatest athletes, and he might even be there, but I don't think he's the greatest. I will say, however, that his triumph over cancer is awe-inspiring. To beat cancer then go on to do what he's done? Wow! I'm sure he's inspired many, many people.



No comments: