Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Wednesday Matinee

You talkin' to me?

1. What's your favorite movie argument / fight / battle?
Jessup: You want answers?
Kaffe: I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessup: You want answers?
Kaffe: I want the truth!
Jessup: You can't handle the truth!

From "A Few Good Men"

2. Do you think you should be able to watch pay-per-view at home for movies currently in theatres?
Sure. Why not? I doubt the theater owners would lose that much money because most people, in my opinion, go to the theater for the whole experience. If they didn't, they'd wait for pay-per-view or cable or, like my mother, 'til it's shown on network tv. (RE: my mother. There is an exception. She wanted to see "The Passion of the Christ" in the theater so she could talk about it with all her friends.)

3. Do you think ticket prices should vary by movie length or quality?
Length? No. Some shorter movies are way better than some longer ones.
Quality? If possible, but I don't think it would work. Who's going to define "quality?"
Maybe star quality though. If movies with "unknowns" were cheaper than movies with "big name" actors/directors/producers/writers, myabe more people would go see the unknowns, who would then be discovered sooner. Again, I don't think anyone would get hurt that way. People would still pay to see Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks or a Steven Spielberg film.


No comments: