Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Baloney

For weeks, I've been having cravings for bologna. I haven't bought any, though, because I didn't really want it that badly. So today I was at a friend's house and we were looking in the refrigerator for something to drink. And that's when I saw the bologna. I exclaimed "You have bologna!" (Actually, I said "baloney" not "ba-loge-na." I never understood the inconsistency in the pronounciation vs. the spelling.) With a confused look on his face, he said "Yeah. So?" I said "I've been craving that." He told me to go ahead and have a slice or two. Excitedly, I took one and ate it. Just plain, not in a sandwich or anything. You know how sometimes the anticipation of a certain event is greater than the event itself? Well, let's just say I'm glad I didn't buy a package of bologna for myself. One slice was plenty.

But now that I have this song stuck in my head, I'm going to stick it in your head, too.

My bologna has a first name
It's O-s-c-a-r.
My bologna has a second name
It's M-a-y-e-r.
Oh, I love to eat it every day.
And if you ask me why I'll say:
Oscar Mayer has a way with
B-o-l-o-g-n-a.

You're welcome. ;)

No comments: