Sunday, August 07, 2005

Post #44

In the 12 weeks that followed that doctor's appointment, I've had a few complications, a couple major ones but, obviously, not bad enough to keep me from doing the Blogathon, although this probably isn't the smartest thing I've ever done. But hey, it's for a good cause, right?

One problem that's actually working to my advantage right now is insomnia. I think it's been about 8 weeks since I got more than 3 hours of sleep at a time. I'm hoping that's related to the next problem.

The biggest problem is Depression. I know many post-surgical patients experience this, especially when hormones are involved. Knowing the problem is common, doesn't make it any easier to deal with. I have an appointment with my regular doctor on Tuesday and I'm going to make him listen to me and take care of this.

If anything, this experience has empowered me and shown me how to take charge of my medical care.

No comments: