Sunday, August 28, 2005

Blogiversary

Yesterday was my blogiversary but, with all the excitement from Blog Explosion, I forgot. Having my highest number of visitors ever was a nice gift, though.

Anyway, as you can see by my archives, this blog, in this form, didn't start until February 2002. However, my foray into the blogosphere actually started here on Aug. 27, 2001. (Don't go there. It's a mess. I haven't done any housekeeping since April.)

Holy crap! I've been blogging for 4 years! My original blog was just supposed to be my views on the news. But, I decided I wanted to do personal stuff as well. After September 11, I didn't feel it was right to blog about news while doing quizzes telling me what Muppet character I am on the same site. So I started A Waste is a Terrible Thing to Mind. That eventually turned into a site where I did longer, essay-type entries. I still needed a place for goofy stuff, so I started Anne's Place. Then I decided I couldn't keep up with three blogs so AWISATTTM and Anne's Place morphed into California Bloggin'.

It changed at about the same time Gary Turner started Blogstickers. While I was thinking of my own blogstickers to add to the collection (Mine are here.) I came up with "California Bloggin' ... on such a blogger day." Sometime last year I decided it was kind of stupid to name my blog "California Bloggin'" since I don't live in California anymore. Because one of my interests is the law, I decided I needed a legal term as a title. I searched an online legal dictionary and came up with Excited Utterances. However, I decided to keep California Bloggin' as the subtitle for nostalgic reasons.

Well, now that you know more about my blogging history than you probably ever wanted to know, have a great day!

4 comments:

...just-rambling... said...

Happy Day after your Blogiversary Day!

Unknown said...

Hey, Congratulations on your anniversary. Very cool! I moved from California to Boston over a year ago and I miss it every day. I want to back. I enjoy your site for many reasons and one of them is the name California Bloggin' :-).

Uncle Crappy said...

Congratulations. I hope that one day my archives list is as long as yours.

Of course, you'd have to stop blogging for that to happen, and we don't really want that...

Anne said...

Thanks! :)