Wednesday, August 03, 2005

TV-related

Sometimes I forget how much I like Seinfeld. I think that's because at the times it's on here I'm usually either doing something else or watching something else. But last night I caught one of my favorite episodes and found myself literally laughing out loud. It was the one where the valet contaminates Jerry's car with his BO and Jerry can't get the smell out. The smell permeates into Jerry's clothes, Elaine's hair. It's so bad that Jerry believes the smell has taken on a life of its own. If I had a pen handy at the time I would have written down some of the best lines. Then again, pretty much the entire show was hilarious.

Now that I've grossed you out by making you think of gaggingly bad BO, let's move onto something food-related. I just learned that there are groups of people who hate ... despise, actually ... Rachael Ray of "30 Minute Meals" and other Food Network shows. I mean, these people really, really hate her. And not just the way she cooks or what she cooks. They hate the way she looks, talks, laughs, walks, dresses, tastes her food, shops, chops. Everything, I'm tellin' ya. There are blogs dedicated to hating Rachael. There are "I Hate Rachael Ray" Web sites comparing her to Hitler. C'mon people. Get a freakin' grip here! One of the oddest things about this whole "I hate Rachael Ray" phenomenon is that many of these people watch her every day! And they don't just watch the cooking show. They watch "$40 a Day" and her specials, too.

I'm not an Emeril fan. I don't watch him. Simple.

4 comments:

The Complimenting Commenter said...

That was a great post. I agree about Seinfeld and that episode in particular. Really funny. About shows they hate - I don't get it either. Just don't watch. Great advice. Nice job.

Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello....

I agree on both counts. I love Seinfeld and although I have no opinion on Rachal Ray, I don't understand how people could hate her. You offered the perfect and only advice - simply don't watch it.

What a wonderful blog you have thank you for stopping by mine.

Marcia Peterson said...

I could watch most Seinfeld episodes over and over. Here's alink to quotes from the Smelly Car episode: http://www.pkmeco.com/seinfeld/smelly.htm

Anne said...

Thank you all for your comments! And, thanks to Marcia, I can now post the two lines I wish I had written down:

"There should be a B.O. squad that patrols the city like a "Smell Gestapo". To sniff 'em out, strip 'em down, and wash them with a big, soapy brush..."

"You don't understand what I'm up against. This is a force more powerful than anything you can imagine. Even Superman would be helpless against this kind of stench."

I'm laughing again just reading them. LOL