Saturday, August 06, 2005

Post #20

I finally did suck it up and make the appointment for March 31. While Molly the nurse was taking my history, she asked if I was having any problems. I told her everything. Everything. She told me (despite what I'd heard) the doctor was very nice, so I should tell him everything I just told her. I was still skeptical but, I told him anyway. Then I joked, “Could it possibly be happening because I'm 44?” He and Molly both laughed. He said it's possible and then, because he's also 44, we joked a little about how it sucks to get older. During the exam, he kept saying “I'm sorry. I know that hurts.” Big change from the previous doctor who said “If you'd come here more often, it wouldn't hurt as bad.” (By the way, I just remembered that as I was typing this.) When the doctor stood up, and I noticed the look on his face, I could tell the joking was over. He pressed down on my abdomen and sighed. Then he said “You have an enlarged uterus.” He told me we'd schedule an ultrasound to see what was causing that, then we'd take care of it.

As you can imagine, my mind started racing in all kinds of directions.

No comments: