Thursday, August 18, 2005

Willie!

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome! Wow! Great concert! It would have to rank in the top 5 of all the concerts I've seen ... and I've seen some big name people in concert. Anyway, Uncle Crappy, he didn't sing any of the new reggae stuff during the show. But, before the show they played some stuff from that album and, let's just say I'll never trust a People magazine reviewer again. I really liked it and I wish he would have played some of that during the concert. But what he did sing was great! I couldn't get over the fact that I was hearing and seeing Willie Nelson, in person, singing "On the Road Again" and "Always on My Mind."





And this is him singing "Crazy." The picture isn't that great but, I didn't want to try to get a better one and miss the song.



Now, here's something that happened while we were in line waiting to get in.

Lady in Line #1: I love Willie Nelson! He's so cool! (add lots of Oh my Gods and He's so awesomes and lots of other similar phrases.)
Lady in Line #2: Yeah.
Lady in Line #1 (singing): ... down, down, down like a burning ring of fire.
Lady in Line #2: That's Johnny Cash.
LIL#1: Oh. (singing)... Mammas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys ...
LIL#2: That's Waylon Jennings.
LIL#1: Oh. (singing) ... You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille.
LIL#2: Kenny Rogers.
LIL#1: Oh.
My Friend: Is she serious?
Me: I don't know but, if she doesn't stop I'm going to have to sing "Achy Breaky Heart."

Apparently she heard me and was frightened by either the thought of my singing, or the song, or both, because she stopped. I guess that makes her smarter than she seemed.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Glad you had so much fun! A good concert does wonders for my mood--hopefully , yours as well!

Anne said...

The concert and winning Nellie really helped. I think the Effexor my doctor gave me might have something to do with my good mood, too. ;)

Uncle Crappy said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed Willie's show. And it's even better to hear that you like the CD. The Wife and I listened to it a bunch over the last couple of days while at the beach in Florida. It fit so well...