Saturday, August 06, 2005

Post #16

When I first started remembering all of this, I thought the problems started getting out of hand in October. But as I was reading through my blog archives to see the first time I posted about gynecological problems since I'd been back in Pennsylvania, I realized it was September. I don't remember exactly what happened to make me write this but, I said I should “suck it up and make an appointment with the gynecologist.” Also in September, I wrote about how frustrated I was that I'd have my period for two days, then nothing for two days, then one day on, one day off, etc.

The reason I remember October being so bad is that I was doing some behind-the-scenes stuff for a community theater group at the time. I said I would go in early to help paint sets. I ended up being late because after I'd gotten dressed and was ready to go, I had a flooding incident and had to change my clothes. I got cleaned up and was on my way to the theater. When I got there, I had another incident so I went home and got cleaned up again. When I finally got into the theater, I explained to the director that I was having gynecological problems and that my regular doctor told me I should see my GYN. This woman, who has had more than her share of medical problems, said if this doctor tells you to see your GYN, you need to see your GYN.

But did I listen? Of course not.

No comments: