Saturday, August 06, 2005

Post #31

The first thing I remember thinking is “Where did that hour and 34 minutes go?” (Actually, I probably didn't do the math. I can barely do math when my brain is all there.) Then the pain hit! Several weeks later when I was trying to describe how bad it was, I said to my mother “It felt as if someone just cut me with a knife.” As soon as I said that I had to laugh. It was exactly as if someone just cut me with a knife. Anyway, Jamie asked me to rate my pain on a scale from 1 to 10. I wanted to say “ten,” but I know you have to be practically unconscious to be in that much pain, and I didn't want her to think I was a wimp, so I said “eight.”

Jamie started a morphine IV and was there to press it every 6 minutes for me. I have no idea how long it was but, the pain wasn't easing up so she put an oxygen mask on me and told me that would help. Eventually, it did. At sometime around 10:45 a.m. I was moved to my room.

No comments: