Sunday, August 07, 2005

Post #42

To close me up, the doctor used 14 staples. My sister told me I'd feel so much better after they were taken out. I'd be able to sit up straight and move around more freely. On May 19, a week after the surgery, I found out she was right.

At the doctor's office, Molly the nurse said I might feel a little pinch when she took the staples out. I didn't feel a thing. We had a cute little conversation about what a good job the doctor did and how straight the incision was, and other goofy stuff. Then, the doctor came in, looked me over and said I seemed to be doing “great.” Actually, I kind of felt as if I was, too.

Then he told me I could go back to work whenever I was “ready.” I almost started crying because, as good as I felt, I knew I wasn't ready to go back. He said “ready” means mentally and emotionally as well as physically. I was relieved to hear that.

I don't know why I told him this but, I said “It's hard to believe I was in pretty good shape six months ago, isn't it?

He said it wasn't. He could tell that I was. Then he said “The uterus is a strange thing.”

Ain't that the truth!

No comments: