Saturday, August 20, 2005

Karma

I'm a firm believer in Karma. In Buddhism, only intentional actions are karmic "acts of will." The "Law of Karma" refers to "cause and effect," but Karma literally means "action" - often indicating intent or cause. Simply stated, "What goes around comes around."

That's why I don't hold grudges or seek retribution. I just live my life, trying to be the best person I can be. If others wrong me, although it's difficult sometimes, I try to let it slide, knowing that those people will eventually get what's coming to them with no "help" from me.

It's probably wrong of me to laugh when I see that they have reaped what they've sown but, sometimes I just can't help it. But the laughing doesn't last long. I don't dwell on it. I just tell myself it was taken care of, just like I knew it would be.

No comments: