Sunday, August 07, 2005

Post #43

This doesn't really have anything to do with the hysterectomy or my recovery. It's about my doctor. The day I got my staples out was the last time I saw him. Early on in this whole thing, I learned that he wasn't going to be the permanent replacement for the GYN who died. He would be leaving a couple of weeks after the last time I saw him.

Anyone who's ever read this blog before knows that I believe in angels and signs from above and other supernatural things. Well, this might be a stretch but, I believe this doctor was sent here just to take care of me. I don't think that's the reason the other doctor died, of course, but I believe someone was looking out for me. I mean, c'mon. This doctor comes here, takes care of the problems that have been plaguing me for 33 years, then leaves.

And it's not just that. From seeing how he was with his other patients, I know he treated me differently. In the short time he was here, we developed the kind of relationship it takes years for a patient and doctor to develop. I don't really want to get into all of it because it might seem as if I'm trying to make more of it than there really was. But there was something.

I guess no one else has to believe he was sent here to take care of me, but I believe it.

No comments: