Saturday, August 06, 2005

Post #19

Now I had to decide if I wanted to go to one of the doctors other women had suggested, or if I wanted to wait for the replacement doctor. Illogically, or so it would seem, I decided to wait.

After the replacement doctor got here, I'd heard from two women who didn't like him very much, mainly because he didn't take enough time with them during the exams. After everything I'd been through, and not knowing what was going on with my protruding, hardening abdomen, the last thing I needed was a doctor who wasn't going to take the time with me I needed. So, I tried to make an appointment with another doctor. But when I called, I was told that this doctor's office had an arrangement with the hospital that all of the deceased doctor's patients have to go to the new guy at least once before switching. Great. I'd finally “sucked it up” enough to make an appointment and now I couldn't even go to the doctor I wanted to go to.

This will make sense later (I hope) but I know other women who were not given the “you have to go to the new guy” line. In hindsight, I'm very glad I was.

No comments: