Saturday, August 06, 2005

Post #7

Although I was still having problems, and the heavy bleeding and cramps were getting worse, the only reason I went to the gynecologist was for a Pap smear. I was 39 and knew I'd gone way too long without one. At first, I was encouraged when the doctor asked if I was having problems. I was discouraged again when his answer to my cramps was more Pamprin. I was already going through at least one bottle for the first two days of my periods. How much more was I supposed to take?

As for the heavy bleeding, even I didn't realize exactly how bad it was until years later when I did some research. I learned that 6 teaspoons a month is normal. Six teaspoons a month? Puh-leez! If I had only 6 teaspoons a day I would have been overjoyed. And, if no one's taking you seriously, what are you supposed to do to explain it? Show them pads and tampons? Yuck!

No comments: