Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Friends

Because of my low self-esteem issues, it's always hard for me to believe my friends really like me. Most of the time I get the feeling they're just tolerating me. Sometimes I can't imagine there's anything about me worthy of their friendship. No matter how many times (unsolicited) The Best Friend tells me how delightful and funny and smart I am, and how much he likes talking to me and spending time with me, I just can't equate myself with the person he's talking about.

There's this other guy I've been friends with for several years. Our initial meeting was work-related but, since then we've developed a friendship. He's helped me through a couple of difficult situations. I've helped him with some things, too. Every time we talk we just go on tangents about everything under the sun. But even with all of our history I wasn't sure if I was an "invite her to the wedding" kind of friend. Yesterday, I found out I am. I can't even tell you how happy that made me.

No comments: